devel - [sympa-dev] setlocale and Sympa 5.0b

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] setlocale and Sympa 5.0b
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:55:41 +0100

Some of you encountered problems to have their language (or others) correctly handled on sympa web interface.
The symptom was : languages not appearing in the lang menu of the web interface ; sympa log file complained about "failed to
setlocale(xx_XX)" (where xx_XX is your language code).

We could not reproduce this problem on our systems and we have neither an explanation nor a solution.

We are about to release a 5.0 sympa release and we'd like to find out if anything needs to be changed in the code regarding these problems. If you have any interesting information to provide, please let us know briefly.

Thank you.

  • [sympa-dev] setlocale and Sympa 5.0b, Olivier Salaün - CRU, 03/23/2005