devel - Re: [sympa-dev] RE: address transformations

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Haldane <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] RE: address transformations
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:26:14 +0200

Paul Haldane wrote:
In what branch did you pick up you version?
Was it a tagged version?

I just did
  cvs -d :pserver:address@concealed:/sympa checkout sympa

Which tag would you recommend?  We're nowhere near running a service on sympa but would like something that was stable enough to run some internal computing service lists.

Then you've got the most unstable version of Sympa, we're not even running ourselves :-\

The most reasonable choice would be to get the latest stable version, as a tar.gz : http://www.sympa.org/distribution/
If you want to get the latest fixes in the stable branch, then :
cvs -d :pserver:address@concealed:/sympa checkout -r sympa-4_1-branch sympa

You probably don't have any reason for getting Sympa from the development branch (the main trunc)...

[...]of issues.

Actually tools::getcanonical_email() is not generalized yet; it is only used in a web context.
To change the sender email address of every message, you should change Message::new() the following way:

$message->{'sender'} =lc(&tools::get_canonical_email($sender_hdr[0]->address));

OK - I didn't have that one (the lc() is unnecessary there as get_canonical_email does lc()).

I think there are a few other places where the function needs to be applied (so that email addresses in list configs are canonicalised for example).  It doesn't matter (except for efficiency) if the function is applied too many times as it should have no effect on an address that is already in the canonical form.

Ok ; please send us a patch if you manage to generalize the use of &tools::get_canonical_email().

Thank you.
--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités