devel - Re: [sympa-dev] alias_manager.pl > LDAP

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Ludovic Marcotte <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] alias_manager.pl > LDAP
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:13:52 +0200

Hi Ludovic,

I think this script is of interest for many sites.
We've added your script to our "contributed software" page : http://sympa.org/contrib.html

We've also added a reference to it in the main alias_manager.pl and in the documentation.

Thank you.

Ludovic Marcotte wrote:

I've modified (with my good friend Francis Lachapelle) the alias_manager.pl file (included in Sympa 4.1.1) to be fully LDAP-aware. When a list is created or deleted, the corresponding mail aliases are added or removed from the LDAP server. This allows lists to be automatically created w/o having to deal with any alias files.

Here's the script:
[...]
This is the first version of the code, I will likely improve it in the future. I'm sending this mail to see if there's any interest in integrating such functionality in the standard Sympa code.

Comments are welcome.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités

  • alias_manager.pl > LDAP, Ludovic Marcotte, 06/24/2004
    • Re: [sympa-dev] alias_manager.pl > LDAP, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 06/24/2004