devel - alias_manager.pl > LDAP

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Ludovic Marcotte <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: alias_manager.pl > LDAP
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:16:06 -0400

Hi,

I've modified (with my good friend Francis Lachapelle) the alias_manager.pl file (included in Sympa 4.1.1) to be fully LDAP-aware. When a list is created or deleted, the corresponding mail aliases are added or removed from the LDAP server. This allows lists to be automatically created w/o having to deal with any alias files.

Here's the script:

<alias_manager.pl>

The LDAP implementation is fully configurable (to reflect the attributes one can use in his/her mail infrastructure).

I've mainly tested it together with Postfix 2.1. I defined two transport methods in master.cf like this:

sympa unix - n n - - pipe
flags=R user=sympa argv=/etc/smrsh/queue ${recipient}

sympabounce unix - n n - - pipe
flags=R user=sympa argv=/etc/smrsh/bouncequeue ${recipient}

and a transport_maps in main.cf to send mails matching the mail: attribute value to the corresponding transport method (if you need hints on how to configure such maps, email me). Such configuration allows, for example, to have MX:s deal with incoming mails and send filtered messages to a dedicated Sympa server.

This is the first version of the code, I will likely improve it in the future. I'm sending this mail to see if there's any interest in integrating such functionality in the standard Sympa code.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Ludo

--