devel - Re: [sympa-dev] X-only-archive ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] X-only-archive ?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:22:04 +0100

address@concealed wrote:

We are migrating from a custom ML system (with mhonarc) to sympa, and
we have a missing feature we would like to implement in sympa: a way to be
able to send a mail to a mailing list that will *not* be resent to
subscribers,
but only archived.

In our system, we mailed for this to listname-archive@host.

On sympa, since sympa obeys the X-no-archive: header, maybe the more natural
thing to do would be to add a new header? possible solutions:

Suggestions?

We agree but it is needed to notify the list editor we such message is accepted. may be you could patch sympa yourself to add this feature and report us in order to add it in the standard release ?

  • Re: [sympa-dev] X-only-archive ?, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 03/18/2004