devel - Re: [sympa-dev] rpm fixes

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: David Kewley <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] rpm fixes
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:31:01 +0100

Hi David,

Thanks for letting us know about your improvements, it should help us make RPM packages better.
The best way to submit your changes is our bug tracking system, that allows file upload.

Maybe we'll manage to apply your fixes for the next 4.1 release...

David Kewley a écrit :

I am not a member of the list, so please cc: me.

Yesterday I spent several hours taking the latest stable source rpm
http://www.sympa.org/distribution/binaries/SRPMS/sympa-3.4.4.3-8.src.rpm and
making it work quite a bit better. It can now be built sanely as a non-root
user on Red Hat Linux 9. At the end of this email is my srpm changelog
entry, to give you an idea what I did.

There are a number of changes here; there are some patches which should be
applied to the sympa source, plus the specfile itself is changed a fair bit.
What is the best way to report these changes for review and possible
inclusion? I see the bug tracking system, but there are a number of things
I'm reporting here, so I'm not sure the bug tracker is the best place to put
them.

It'd be easiest for me to pass the source rpm, or the specfile plus the three
patch files I created, to an rpm-savvy sympa developer for review. I don't
intend to become a sympa developer; I simply had an itch to scratch as a
sysadmin, and want to contribute the results back to the sympa project.

David

* Thu Mar 11 2004 David Kewley <address@concealed> 3.4.4.3-8.cs.1
- added USER and GROUP in 'make install' to avoid having to build as root

[...]

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • rpm fixes, David Kewley, 03/12/2004
    • Re: [sympa-dev] rpm fixes, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 03/12/2004