devel - Re: [sympa-dev] wwsympa configuration

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] wwsympa configuration
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:48:46 +0100

Guillaume Rousse a écrit :

I am new maintainer for mandrake sympa package, and I have a slight problem with wwsympa configuration.
[...]
You seem to mingle to distinct directories : for both bounces and archives, there is a incoming spool AND a directory for storing bounces and archived messages. The first 2 directories are probably what is located in /var/spool/sympa/ ; it seems a perfectly logical choice. Guy Paressant and Gilles Budet who have been working on mandrake packages might confirm.

If I understand correctly, sympa need four directories:
bounces incoming
archive incoming
bounces storage
archive storage

That's it.

The path to storage directories is set through the --prefix option, while the path to the incoming directories is set through the --with-spooldir option.

Default for --prefix is /home/sympa
Default for --spooldir is --prefix + /spool
Default for 'spool' sympa.conf parameter is --spooldir

The directories names themselves are not configurable through the ./configure script, only by editing the configuration files later.

You're right, only defaults for the root spool directory can be configured via ./configure ; it can be overriden in sympa.conf.

However, it seems to be only three directives available:
queuebounce

This is the path to the "incoming" spool for bounces.

bounce_path

Is the path to the bounce "storage" directory.
(Maybe we should rename it 'bounce_storage')

arc_path

Is the path to store archives

Is the one for incoming bounce directory missing?

No you are missing the spool for messages to be archives named 'outgoing'.
It was named this way because when designing this feature we thought it could be used for any outgoing process
(maybe we should also rename this one)

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites