devel - Reply-to for digests?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Reply-to for digests?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:22:27 -0800

Sympa team --

Is there any reason why the reply-to for digests is set to the
listname-request address, instead of using the same setting as
the reply-to for the list (for example)? People often want to
easily reply to something they read in a digest, and this makes
it difficult. I guess if you reply to an attached message within
a digest, that might work, but at the moment I'm dealing with
people using plaintext email clients, not MIME. So it's the
digest message itself that they want to reply to.

ab
* Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change *
* Web, Email, List, and Antivirus/Antispam hosting for the community *
* http://electricembers.net Member of http://techunderground.org *