devel - "Missing key", "Expecting paragraph", etc.

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: "Missing key", "Expecting paragraph", etc.
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:02:59 -0700

(http://listes.cru.fr/mantis/view_bug_advanced_page.php?f_id=0000178),
most or all of these symptoms are not results of bad form submissions,
but of a bug related to removing entries from the owners, editors,
topics, etc. When a real entry is deleted by a list admin, Sympa leaves
behind the blank owner/editor paragraphs, or the comma at end of the
topics line, which then confuse Sympa next time it reads the file.

I could have sworn this bug was reported and dealt with a while ago,
but I can't find any reference to it in the release notes, bugtracker,
or list archives. It is very annoying, and it really slows down the
startup process for Sympa/WWSympa. Is there a patch?

adam
* Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change *
* Web, Email, List, and Antivirus/Antispam hosting for the community *
* http://electricembers.net Member of http://techunderground.org *