devel - Message-IDs with "$" cause Summary mode links to fail

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Message-IDs with "$" cause Summary mode links to fail
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:06:58 -0700

I'm still using 3.3.5, but I've applied all the relevant patches (I think)
and still having the problem:

When a message ID has the character $ in it, it gets transformed at some
point by Sympa into a %, and then the link to the archived message in the
summary will cause an Internal Server Error. For instance, a message with
Message-ID of "001e01c30fe8$2464801210$24a464a8c0@Vopalensky" will produce
the following link in the summary message, which will fail:

<http://npogroups.org/lists/arcsearch_id/cansi-board/2003-05/001e01c30fe8%2464801210%24a464a8c0@Vopalensky>

while this one will succeed:

<http://address@concealed>

If the Message-ID starts out with a "%" in it, it works fine. If I manually
replace the "%" with "$" in the broken URL above, I don't get an Internal
Server Error, but I do get a "msg_not_found" message. If I replace it with
"\$", then the URL works and the message comes up.

Obviously it's some problem with escaping special characters, right? I've
updated my tools.pl so that the escape_chars(), unescape_chars(), and
escape_html() routines are identical to the current Sympa release, and I've
applied the patches that look like they might be relevant, including this
one from 3.3.6b1:

"[reported by Jeg] filename containing %xx chars could not be
accessed/edited/deleted"

with no effect. Is there a different patch that might help, or is this
bug still in the code?

adam
* Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change *
* Web, Email, List, and Antivirus/Antispam hosting for the community *
* http://electricembers.net Member of http://techunderground.org *