devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Using SpamAssassin...

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Using SpamAssassin...
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:55:02 +0100

address@concealed wrote:
I want to enable some level of UCE/spam filtering on our lists, and
would appreciate any wisdom or personal experience that you've had
in employing spamassassin or similar code in a postfix environment. Since procmail only touches email downstream in the selivery process, it's unclear to me how to inject spamassassin in a way that integrates
with sympa...

Here is our configuration using spamassassin with Sympa.
spamassassin must be integrated with your incomming smtp
engine in order to tag messages with X-spam-flag header.

This can be done in te mailer configuration or using aliases
filter like :

<list>: "| /usr/bin/spamc | /home/sympa/bin/queue <list>"

In addition, all send scenario is patched using
"include.send.header" feature (a file that is automatically
included at the beginning of any send scenario). This
scenario header request authentication if X-spam-flag is
detected :

~sympa/etc/scenari/include.send.header

is_subscriber(blacklist,[sender]) smtp,md5,smime -> reject
match([header->X-Spam-Flag],/yes/) smtp -> request_auth
equal([is_bcc],'1') smtp -> request_auth

As you see we also use a blacklist.

Serge