devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Using SpamAssassin...

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Walter Hopgood <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Using SpamAssassin...
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:28:56 -0800 (PST)

--- address@concealed wrote:

> I want to enable some level of UCE/spam filtering on our lists, and
> would appreciate any wisdom or personal experience that you've had in
> employing spamassassin or similar code in a postfix environment.
> Since procmail only touches email downstream in the selivery process,
> it's unclear to me how to inject spamassassin in a way that
> integrates with sympa...
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Dean

I'm using MailScanner in conjuntion with SpamAssassin and F-Secure
antivirus software. It's worked pretty much like a charm. There've
only been about a dozen or so accidental captures out of tens of
thousands of true captures.

The biggest thing I have found is the prevention of MailScanner sending
out "Your original message contained a virus" message to my mailing
lists. It was causing people to freak out when they did.

The reason I used the MailScanner to wrap around SpamAssassin and
F-Secure was mostly because I couldn't get sympa to reject messages
with virus'. I didn't delve into it deeply; I turned to MailScanner
and that fixed it.

Walter