devel - Re: [sympa-dev] cookies

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] cookies
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 12:56:09 +0100

Hi,

If your 2 servers are subdomains of a common main domain (dom1.maindom &
dom1.maindom)
then you only have to set your 'cookie_domain' wwsympa.conf parameter to
'.maindom'.
(See http://www.sympa.org/doc/sympa/node7.html#SECTION00737000000000000000)

If the 2 domains have nothing in common, then they won't be able to access
each others HTTP cookies.

address@concealed wrote:
I have two independant Sympa servers and I want to avoid two successive authentications while going from the first to the second by using the cookie authentication!
So after a first connexion (login-password)on the first sympa I go on the second but nothing happens, the system still needs another authentication!
Do I have to change something to the cookielib.pm or it can't work at all?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • cookies, joyfullfr, 11/04/2002
    • Re: [sympa-dev] cookies, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 11/05/2002