devel - RE: [sympa-dev] admin_menu.us.tpl suggestion

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: "John Douglass" <address@concealed>, "sympa-dev" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-dev] admin_menu.us.tpl suggestion
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:10:35 -0700

> This made editing the list configs much more user friendly for my users...

John, I like the idea, and I thought there needed to be a sub-menu there too.
But I'm actually going in a different direction now -- eliminating the admin
menu entirely. I've almost finished moving everything over into the list
stats box in the list menu, which now contains more complete information, and
all the stats are now live hyperlinks to the relevant administrative pages.
I've also added a separate subscriber info box, which says either "you are
subscribed" or "you are not subscribed" and then gives the subscribe and
options/unsubscribe links.

I'll link to an example here, and I can make the HTML available, but it's a
bit messy. I had to edit the wwsympa.fcgi code to create a new variable so
that I could present the number of subscription requests in the admin box, for
one thing. And I'm not quite done yet -- still have to move the last buttons
into the new admin box, and substitute "edit_list_request" for "admin" as the
return function for all administrative routines....

See http://npogroups.org/npogroups/screenshot.gif.

adam