devel - Re: [sympa-dev] archives expiration and mixed type lists

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] archives expiration and mixed type lists
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:15:46 +0200

Hi Sergiy,

Sergiy Zhuk wrote:

> Just wondering if you have any plans to add archive expiration.
> Quotas are nice, but they don't solve the problem of removing old stuff in
> case you're close or over the quota.

This is in our TODO list but more or less at its bottom :\

> If you don't have time to implement it, what would be the best place to add
> it to ?
> task manager ?

Exactly.
Each list should have a new 'expire_task' parameter in the 'web_archive'.
Example :
web_archive
access private
quota 1024
expire_task yearly

The default value for 'expire_task' list parameter would be a
'default_expire_web_archive_task'
sympa.conf parameter.

To make you save some time, here is how 'web_archive' entry should look like
in %List::pinfo :
'web_archive' => {'format' => {
'access' => {'scenario' => 'access_web_archive',
'title_id' => 84,
'order' => 1
},
'quota' => {'format' => '\d+',
'default' => {'conf' =>
'default_archive_quota'},
'length' => 8,
'unit' => 'Kbytes',
'title_id' => 204,
'order' => 2
},
'expire_task' => {'task' => 'web_archive_expire',
'default' => {'conf' =>
'default_expire_web_archive_task'},
'title_id' => 205,
'order' => 3
},
'title_id' => 83,
'group' => 'archives'
},

> Also curious if you're planning to add include/database mixed type lists
> into the new major version.
> Currently this is the biggest limitation of sympa along with huge memory
> consumption in case of include type lists.
> I have around 1,400 lists and only 140 of them use 'include' as the data
> source.
> 4 sympa processes (2 cgi + sympa + task_manager) take about 600Mb...

We definitely plan to do these developments this summer.
BTW we might need some beta testers in next july...

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités