devel - Re: [sympa-dev] mhonarc-ressources bug fixes

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] mhonarc-ressources bug fixes
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:33:34 +0100

Sergiy Zhuk wrote:

> There are couple of bugs in mhonarc-ressources introduced in ver 1.14.
> These bugs break formatting in html archives.
> Fix is attached with this message.

We've integrated your patch.

> BTW, I've noticed that you're using htdig on your site.
> Any change sympa could use htdig instead of Mhonarc search ?
> It can still use mhonarc for archiving, but htdig is somewhat better as far
> as
> search goes...

Marcsearch (the search engine used by Sympa) has the advantage of being close
to MhOnArc (it uses mhonrac Db files). It is also very well adapted to
messages
(Search in subject/from/body) and it is a Perl module, therefore easy to
integrate in WWSympa.

I don't think it would be that difficult for someone to use Htdig instead.
If someone does the job, I suppose we could make it a second choice in
WWSympa.

I never did too much into MarcSearch but I guess it could also be optimized...

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités