devel - Re: [sympa-dev] removing include sources

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] removing include sources
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:41:33 -0800 (PST)

hi

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Olivier Salaun wrote:

> > 1. remove list doesn't automatically remove the list from the
> > 'include_list' of all other lists.
> > That means the next cache update (subscribers.db) will fail, since one
> > of
> > component lists doesn't exist anymore and we're still trying to include
> > it.
>
> Like any 'include' fail it uses previous cache and SHOULD notify listmaster/
> listowner about this problem.

Yes, with my patch it will use a prev. copy, but it won't update anything
else (like if you're including several lists).
Yes, we should add notification in that case too...

> We recently corrected problems with empty values in edit_list form. I had
> a try on our dev. server and it allows include_list entries deletion.
> What version are you running ?

3.3.1 with that specific patch.
I can remove extra owners by making them empty on the html form just fine,
but can't remove include_list.

> Managing included subscribers in DB will not help fixing this problem, as
> far as
> I can imagine...

> I don't think changing other lists' (the one including the deleted one)
> config
> is the better way to fix this inconsistency. I'd rather add a warning
> message
> when closing the list : "This list's subscribers are included in other lists
> (listA, listB and listC), are you sure you want to close it ?"
> Would this meet your needs ?

If I could say "yes" and remove that list from the rest of lists, that would
work ;)

--
rgds,
serge