devel - removing include sources

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: removing include sources
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:20:26 -0800 (PST)

hi

2 problems:

1. remove list doesn't automatically remove the list from the
'include_list' of all other lists.
That means the next cache update (subscribers.db) will fail, since one of
component lists doesn't exist anymore and we're still trying to include it.

2. you can't remove a list from include_list using wwsympa interface
e.g you had a list all-campus, which included (datasource include)
all-north and all-south.
Now you've removed all-north from your sympa server.
But you can't delete it from include list for all-campus, since it gives
you a syntax error if you're trying to make an empty field in place of
all-north.
So now you have to manually grep and remove all-north from all the lists
which include it.

I would rather had list configs in the database.
That would make our life much easier, since instead of "traveling" thru your
file system and parsing text configs, we could simply make SQL queries to
change list options.
It's especially convenient when you have dependencies, like with the
"datasource include" case.
What's gonna be faster, producing an interim fix which will effectively do
the removal by looking for dependencies (grepping configs) and removing
lists, or just wait for the new "include" code, which will include directly
to the database ?

thanks

--
rgds,