devel - Re: [sympa-dev] sympa 3.3a few bugs?..

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: LALOT Dominique <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] sympa 3.3a few bugs?..
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 17:11:15 +0200

LALOT Dominique wrote:

> 2. remind_pasword
> I just wanted to see how that fonctionality could work whith LDAP. A
> password will be sent without having a look at the ldap directory.
> That's perhaps better but a little bit confusing. Should be better to send
> a mail to the owner that he sould interact with the password stored in
> LDAP..
> Many of my users will try to use that password that is sent even without a
> properly installed RDBM!!!.

Data base is REQUIRED when using wwsympa, at least to prevent concurrent
acces conflict (sympa.pl and wwsympa.fcgi both writting a subscribers list).
So it's time for wwsympa to refuse to start if not using rdbms.

We are going to patch WWSympa in order NOT to send the reminder password
of a subscriber if he is registred in the LDAP directory.

> 3. How to create a list using wwsympa and LDAP?.

Just click the "create list" button. The LDAP authentication is not
depending of a particular list so there is no impact of LDAP authentication
on list creation or configuration. Perhaps are you thinking about LDAP filters
that can be used in scenarii ? Current version force you to configure filters
and scenarii using $EDITOR ;-)

Serge

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47

  • sympa 3.3a few bugs?.., LALOT Dominique, 10/01/2001
    • Re: [sympa-dev] sympa 3.3a few bugs?.., Aumont, 10/01/2001