devel - New fonctionalities for LDAP

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: New fonctionalities for LDAP
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:17:32 +0200

Hello all,

I am very pleased with the last beta version about ldap fonctionalities.
I just lack some explanations about what is available. As usualy Doc is
the hardest to write.
I am able to login with my uid and ldap password.. great!.
What i don't understand, is:
1. Shall we still use an SQL database?.
2. How are the bounces handled?.
no more?.
via an official OID we can add in our schema?.
I immagine to put a ldap sympa user limited to write those OID.
3. If some people want to join a list, do we need to put them in our ldap
database
with the right search filter corresponding to the list?.
Or is there a mixed way combining ldap and sql?.

Thanks in advance

Dominique