devel - Re: [sympa-dev] problème mysql & sympa ... wwsympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Christophe Turbout <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] problème mysql & sympa ... wwsympa
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:39:25 +0200

My apologies for french version ...

So lest's go.

my system is Debian woody and I don't use Sympa deb packages but sympa
tarball.

There are some trouble on wwsympa and sympa connexion to mysql SGBD.

The DBI driver does not take into account my.cnf config file. So if
you try to change the location of socket used on mysql, DBI driver try
to connect to another one which is apparently /var/un/mysqld/mysqld.sock

For some reason my mysql sgbd server use /tmp/mysql.sock. This can be
change in /etc/my.cnf file which is used by lots of client version of
mysql server.

Perl-DBI don't use it unless you tell it in DBI connexion.

DBD:mysql doc says :

>These options can be used to read a config file like /etc/my.cnf or
>~/.my.cnf. By default MySQL's C client library doesn't use any config
>files unlike the client programs (mysql, mysqladmin, ...) that do, but
>outside of the C client library. Thus you need to explicitly request
>reading a config file, as in
>
> $dsn = "DBI:mysql:test;mysql_read_default_file=/home/joe/my.cnf";
> $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $password)

so I put it in List.pm:

$connect_string = sprintf
'DBI:%s:dbname=%s;host=%s;mysql_read_default_file=/etc/my.cnf,
$Conf{'db_type'}, $Conf{'db_name'}, $Conf{'db_host'};

in fact, that's works fine !

So, could it be possible adding an option in sympa.conf which can use
my.cnf file ?

This was my first problem.

The second one is about wwsympa.

wwsympa use CGI perl module.

wwsympa works fine on another woody distribution but with this new one
wwsympa says :

>Function CGI::Object::Vars does not exist at
>/home/sympa/wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi line 311

The difference between the two systems is :

old perl : CGI CGI OK (2.74 >= 2.52)
new perl : CGI CGI OK (3.02 >= 2.52)

I think something has change between these modules.

How can I solve this ?

--
Christophe Turbout tel : +33 (0)2 31 56 72 43
Université de Caen fax : +33 (0)2 31 56 73 30