devel - Re: [sympa-dev] unknown cookie and date format

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] unknown cookie and date format
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:36:38 +0100

Fiona Dix wrote:

> I spent a while trying to figure out the problem that after logging
> out and trying to log in again I couldn't because I was 'already
> logged in as unknown'. This was with Netscape 4.7 and IE5 on a Mac.
> Even though the 'expires' date is set to a past date in cookielib.pm
> the 'unknown' cookie was still persisting for the session instead of
> being deleted. I found some stuff about the date syntax for the
> set-cookie header being quite strict, so i edited cookielib.pm
> changing
>
> $expiration = 'expires=Tue,1-Jan-1970 10:10:10 GMT; ';
> $expiration = 'expires=Tue, 01-Jan-1970 10:10:10 GMT; ';

Because of this problem and others (encoding), we decided to use
CGI::Cookie librairy for better portability. It is now in CVS and
running on our site.

BTW: by default, WWSympa has an empty cookie_expiration_delay which
means that cookie lifetime is equal to web client's lifetime.

We were reported some problem with IE expiring the cookie immediately.
Does any of you experienced that ?

Thanks

--
Olivier Salaün