devel - unknown cookie and date format

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Fiona Dix <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: unknown cookie and date format
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:17:10 +0000

Hi

I'm new to Sympa and enjoying getting to know it. Sympa version is sympa-3.1b.10 on RH Linux system. I had some logging in/out difficulties, which i think I've fixed now.

I spent a while trying to figure out the problem that after logging out and trying to log in again I couldn't because I was 'already logged in as unknown'. This was with Netscape 4.7 and IE5 on a Mac. Even though the 'expires' date is set to a past date in cookielib.pm the 'unknown' cookie was still persisting for the session instead of being deleted. I found some stuff about the date syntax for the set-cookie header being quite strict, so i edited cookielib.pm changing

$expiration = 'expires=Tue,1-Jan-1970 10:10:10 GMT; ';

$expiration = 'expires=Tue, 01-Jan-1970 10:10:10 GMT; ';

and now the cookie is successfully deleted in both browsers. Hope this might help someone else- this may only be a Mac problem, if PC browsers are more forgiving.

best regards
Fiona