devel - Some installation missings

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Nicolas Brouard" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Some installation missings
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 00:48:46 +0100

I installed sympa 3.0.3 from scratch for the first time. 6 months earlier I
stopped the installation because of non encrypted passwords and lack of
time.

Here are some missing orders within make install.
- httpd/icons/sympa/* which should came from wwsympa/icons has not been
installed.
- directory ~/sympa/etc is not created. It should be installed with at
list topics.conf . The sample file is nice.

I am not well aware of all the CPAN modules and how the download process
works in detail. Fortunately, I said NO when the script asked me for a
manual installation of the new MIMES etc. modules. I think that you could
change the default to NO. It worked fine and fast.

Documentation mistakes

- Still a lot of mistypings and mistakes. Even in French. Too much!
- Some items should be clarified: after creating a list, you mention to go
to 'admin' but the first step is to go 'Vos abonnements' (in French) first
and then 'admin'.

Otherwise, I am impressed by the quality of the software (which I am still
discovering and testing ...).

Nicolas Brouard
mailto:address@concealed http://sauvy.ined.fr/brouard/english

  • Some installation missings, Nicolas Brouard, 02/06/2001