devel - Re: [sympa-dev] wwsympa smtp check patch

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] wwsympa smtp check patch
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:08:59 +0100

Sergiy Zhuk wrote:
> .
> I've added a configuration option "list_check_smtp" to /etc/wwsympa.conf to
> accomplish that.
> The option's value is your smtp server name (e.g. smtp.bar.com).
> If it's defined, then wwsympa will connect to the server and will check if
> the new list user is trying to create is taken or not.

Nice ! We will introce that contrib as soon as we test it.
We allready have some remarks :
- could you patch also doc/sympa.tex in order to add somem documentation
about this new parameter ?
- net::SMTP become a new optional CPAN module, so there is some work arround
- this patch seems OK if Sympa manage only on domaine. If the list parameter
"host" is used, the host to check may depend on the domain where the list
must be installed.

FYI
I'am currently working on automatic alias creation and deletion. Because
alias process can very deferent from a host to anoter one, I will introduce
a new parameter in wwsympa.conf : alias_creation and alias_deletion which
are the path of a script who create and install all aliases requiered
when called with a list adress (ie <listname>@<host> ). We will distribute
our own alias management script as a contrib, not as part of sympa.

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47