devel - Re: [sympa-dev] wwsympa-indefinite loop

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Siao Chiun" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] wwsympa-indefinite loop
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:56:13 +0800

> Siao Chiun wrote:

> I am very new with sympa and have just installed sympa. When i try
> accessing the wwsympa from the brower using the url:
> http://<myhost>/wws, the home page was loaded with the error
> message:'auth failed'.
>
> This home page kept repeating itself on the browser. When i view the
> source, it is something like this:

> Does anyone has any idea what is wrong?
>
> By the way, does the log get output to /var/log/sympa? I have
> created sympa file in /var/log but no log is written into it. I have
> the following settings:
>
> In sympa.conf:
> syslog LOCAL1
> log_socket_type unix
>
> In syslog.conf:
> local1.* /var/log/sympa
>
> In mysympa.conf:
> log_facility LOCAL2
>
> Is it right?
>
> I have spent 2 days trying to get sympa up, still feel that i am very
> far from getting it to work. Any help is really appreciated.
************************************
Hi Olivier,

>What is your system ?
[SC] Solaris 8

>Did you try running sympa.pl ? Then ?
[SC]I started the whole installation process again on a 'clean' server.
This time when i start sympa.pl, i get this message:
" Usage: Sys::Syslog::_PATH_LOG() at .............."

I used the solution recommended where i changed line 277 in Syslog.pm to
my $syslog = &_PATH_LOG() || croak "_PATH_LOG not found in
syslog.ph";

After i made the change, i get a new error message:
"Your vendor has not defined the Sys::Syslog macro _PATH_LOG at
/opt/lib/perl5/5.
6.0/sun4-solaris/Sys/Syslog.pm line 277, <CONF> line 275."

Any idea how to overcome this?

>Did you restart your syslog daemon after changing its config ?
[SC] yes

>Did you try running WWSympa from the command line ?
{SC] Yes, and it was SCARY.....it just kept looping and printing out the
html code. I couldn't even stop it using ctr-C. I have to kill the process
explicitly.