devel - Re: [sympa-dev] wwsympa-indefinite loop

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] wwsympa-indefinite loop
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:59:45 +0100

> Siao Chiun wrote:

> I am very new with sympa and have just installed sympa. When i try
> accessing the wwsympa from the brower using the url:
> http://<myhost>/wws, the home page was loaded with the error
> message:'auth failed'.
>
> This home page kept repeating itself on the browser. When i view the
> source, it is something like this:

> Does anyone has any idea what is wrong?
>
> By the way, does the log get output to /var/log/sympa? I have
> created sympa file in /var/log but no log is written into it. I have
> the following settings:
>
> In sympa.conf:
> syslog LOCAL1
> log_socket_type unix
>
> In syslog.conf:
> local1.* /var/log/sympa
>
> In mysympa.conf:
> log_facility LOCAL2
>
> Is it right?
>
> I have spent 2 days trying to get sympa up, still feel that i am very
> far from getting it to work. Any help is really appreciated.

What is your system ?
Did you try running sympa.pl ? Then ?
Did you restart your syslog daemon after changing its config ?
Did you try running WWSympa from the command line ?

I recommend you have a look at the FAQ :
http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/fom-serve/cache/72.html
http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/fom-serve/cache/83.html

--
Olivier Salaün