devel - RE: [sympa-dev] What to do with errors in crypted distribution ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Jim Schaad" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-dev] What to do with errors in crypted distribution ?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 04:36:52 -0700

Title: RE: [sympa-dev] What to do with errors in crypted distribution ?

I really should have responded sooner, however here is my response now:

1.  Sympa should have the ability to evaluate all certificates in the
database at a fixed frequency to look for currently bad and nearly bad
(on a time basis) certificates.

2.  A bad certificate should allow for 1) notification to the admin and
2) notification to the recipient.

3.  Sympa should allow for messages to be queued until new certificates
can arrive for individuals.

4.  You should look at the latest draft of the symetric key distribution
draft from the S/MIME working group as we are trying to define some
standard message formats for a) getting a certificate from an
individual, b) notifying recipients of certificate expiration.  If you
notice some missing items please let me know so that we can add them in.

jim