devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Suggestion for sympa: multiple list spaces...

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Suggestion for sympa: multiple list spaces...
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 10:31:48 +0200

Hadmut Danisch wrote:

> Just a suggestion:
>
> sympa supports multiple mailing lists, but not
> several list "spaces".
That's true and it's a real need. We plans virtual robot features.
It will be something like apache virtual servers.

> Most of these things could be done by simpy starting several
> daemons with different config files. This could be improved by
> making the daemon able to serve several config files at the
> same time.

Yes ! That's exactly what we want to do : main sympa deamon will
fork foreach virtual robot. Sympa.conf will be structured with two
parts :
-common parameter definition
-virtual robot definition. In particular this section will define
a ~sympa/expl directory foreach virtual robot.

> More complicated is queue and bouncequeue, because there is no way to
> use them with different config files and queue dirs, except recompile
> it for every domain.

Yes ! Currently all spools, queue, bouncequeue and sympa.pl, bounced.pl
archived.pl programs need to be duplicated for each virtual robot :(

Regards
Serge

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47