devel - [sympa-dev] Error and Changes in bounced.pl

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Gustavo Araujo Bittencourt <address@concealed>
  • To: Sympa-Dev (Correio eletrĂ´nico) <address@concealed>, "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Error and Changes in bounced.pl
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:35:53 -0300

Dear Sirs,

I am using sympa 2.7.2.1
I think there is a problem in bounced.pl, in line 73 there is the following
code :
unless ($List::use_db = &List::probe_db()) {
print STDERR "Sympa not setup to use DBI, unable to manage
bounces\n";
exit (-1);
}

If I run bounce.pl with sympa configured to not use RDBMS, an error message
appears :
"Sympa not setup to use DBI, unable to manage bounces"

I change the code in line 73 to test if sympa is configured to not use
RDBMS:
if ($Conf{'db_name'} and $Conf{'db_type'}) {
unless ($List::use_db = &List::probe_db()) {
print STDERR "Sympa not setup to use DBI, unable to manage
bounces\n";
exit (-1);
}
}

I would like to know if my changes are right or this changes will give me
problems in the future.

TIA,
Gustavo Araujo Bittencourt.