devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Messages for editor approval

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Messages for editor approval
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:06:10 +0200

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> sympa used to send the command "DISTRIBUTE %s %s" in the body of the mail
> and it could be easily cut&past ... now it does only provide a link on
> which you should click to generate the good approval messages. I understand
> that it may be useful to those who are using graphical MUA but it's
> definitely not useful for people who are using other MUA.
>
> Therefore I propose that we keep both solutions, we provide the link as a
> courtesy to the user that may benefit from it but we still provide the
> plain/text command that should be sent ... I've attached a patch in order
> to do this (for DISTRIBUTE, REJECT and CONFIRM). Feel free to modify it if
> you feel it's not good enough...

Ok, we've included your patch in the development version.

> (actually I find it awful to include the command in the string that is
> translated but since you already did it this way...)

It would be nicer to pass it as a parameter but I'd prefer keeping this
part of code stable.

We think about migrating NLS system from catgets to gettext GNU system.
Gettext system seems to allow better management of defaults. It also
seems easier to manage since MessageID is the english message, no more
Message numbers to carry.

Olivier Salaun