announce - [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.2.14 released!

Subject: Announcements of new sympa release

  • From: David Verdin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.2.14 released!
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 17:41:48 +0100

Sympa 6.2.14 released

February 26th, 2015

RENATER is proud to release the newest version of Sympa to the open-source community.

Sympa 6.2.14 is the new stable version of Sympa.

  • Download sources
  • Check the release notes
  • Check the upgrade instructions if you come from pre-6.2 version

The 6.2.13 version had a typo that made SOAP service fail. This is fixed, along with an annoying web error log that appeared when querying the lists SOAP service. Thanks to Bruno Malaval for reporting this!

Soji also improved Sympa daemons to capture the SIGCHLD signal, so that defunct children will be closed quicker.

As we tend to change the CSS regularly according to the different feedback you send us, we added the Sympa version number in the CSS file URL, so that it will be automatically reloaded, ignoring cache, when your users arrive on the web interface after an upgrade.

A set of other bugs were fixed in this version, among which:

  • [Reported by D. Pritts, Internet2] Changing web_archive_spam_protection did not update spam protection mode on past archives. Fixed by applying spam protection at the time of display, not when archives were created / rebuilt.
  • [Reported by A. Epstein, Cornell Univ.] base element in web output should be eliminated, because it will mess reverse proxy and so on. Fixed by making partial URIs to be redirected to base URI.
  • WWSympa: Cannot view attachments in bounce messages and moderated messages. Fixed by correcting inappropriate relative URL paths.

Once again, Soji was the spearhead in fixing these bugs. Many thanks to him and his dedication to Sympa!

A word about translators:

  • Sympa is now - again - 100 % translated into Spanish. Thanks to A. Casado for this great work!
  • There was a lot of work on the following languages:
    • German, thanks to D. Stoye,
    • Brazilian Portuguese,
    • Catalan,
    • Estonian, thanks to U. Buhvestov,

Translation is what makes Sympa usable to non-English speaking people, so many thanks to all these great people involved in translating Sympa. Please let me know if, by any chance, I missed your work in internationalization.

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21

www.renater.fr
RENATER
263 Avenue du Gal Leclerc
35042 Rennes Cedex

PNG image

  • [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.2.14 released!, David Verdin, 02/26/2016