announce - [sympa-announce] New Sympa version : 5.0b

Subject: Announcements of new sympa release

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [sympa-announce] New Sympa version : 5.0b
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:20:23 +0100

Sympa 5.0b is available for download :
http://www.sympa.org/distribution/

This is a major version of Sympa, including many new features :
  • List families : make it possible to automatically create a set of mailing lists that share :
  • a common configuration template
  • a set of constraints
  • templates and authZ scenarios.
 RSS channels are providing the following features :
  • latest messages in list archives
  • latest documents in web repository
  • latest created mailing lists
  • most active mailing lists
New template format using TT2 (http://www.tt2.org) New PO catalog format, gathering all translations in a single file Sympa.pl can fork to have one process dedicated to messages distribution
Owners and moderators can be extracted from an external datasource New features related to the web document repository :
  • Documents can be moderated
  • New expert/user modes
  • Allow upload and unzipping of a ZIP file
<>
You can check the release notes for detailed changes and bug fixes :
http://www.sympa.org/release.html

Sympa 5.0b has been tested on our own server and we hope many sites will have a try with it to have a stable 5.0 release
available as soon as possible.

You'll note that only 4 languages are proposed on the web interface (English, french, Italian, Hungarian). This is
due to the new internationalization system used. If you wish to update your native language PO file, refer to the
translation howto : http://www.sympa.org/howtotranslate.html

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités

  • [sympa-announce] New Sympa version : 5.0b, Olivier Salaün - CRU, 01/05/2005