Subject: Let's Translate Sympa
[Let's Translate Sympa] Sympa 6.2.41 beta 2 released
- From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
- To: address@concealed, address@concealed
- Subject: [Let's Translate Sympa] Sympa 6.2.41 beta 2 released
- Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 20:26:07 +0900 (JST)
Title: Release Sympa 6.2.41 beta 2 released ・ sympa-community/sympa
9 March 2019
The Sympa Community is proud to release the new beta of the next version of Sympa. Please install it to test and report bugs, translate user interface to your language, or enhance documentation of Sympa, if you want to help the Sympa community deliver a more reliable version of Sympa.
Sympa 6.2.41b.2 is the new beta version of Sympa 6.2.
This version introduces some improvements and fixes several bugs.
About beta version
This version is a pre-release version of the next stable release. We expect feedback from users and developers. To know how to report bugs or improvements, see Contributing to Sympa.
- Next stable release, 6.2.42, is planned to be released on Wednesday, 20th March 2019 (in UTC).
Translation catalog was updated because some messages were added mainly for new feature.
- Translations added on translation site before 13th March 00:00 UTC will be shipped with the stable release.
Along with several bug fixes, this version introduces several features including following things for beta testing.
Global "quiet add" policy (#503)
quiet_subscription setting in
sympa.conf allowing to enforce the "quiet add" policy, either for forcing quiet subscriptions (in enterprise for ex.) or disabling quiet subscriptions (public Sympa server, have to respect GDPR). Default behavior will be no enforcing, so quiet add is list's owner's choice.
"Delete my account" button (#300)
A "delete my account" button wll unsubscribe you from all lists and remove your account immediatly. To protect that feature, Sympa could asks for the user password. By default this feature is disabled:
allow_account_deletion setting in
sympa.conf may activate it.
"Domain blacklist" feature (#295)
domains_blacklist setting in
sympa.conf will prevent addresses with particular domain(s) from subscribing to list. This feature may be useful for some purposes, for example not to register addresses with domains no longer providing mail service.
The freeze for the next Debian release has been started and will culminate in a full freeze on 2019-03-12.
The latest stable release of Sympa (6.2.40) has been migrated to Debian testing. If possible, more improvements may be added before the doors are closed. In addition to that, it is planned that the latest release will be got into stretch backports.
To help Debian Sympa Team with testing the packages, please contact them.
People running either Fedora or RHEL (and clones) can find ready to use RPMs for sympa beta releases in a COPR sympa-beta repository.
For Fedora, see instruction in the page above. For RHEL and clones, you also need to enable the EPEL repository.
- Note that unofficial repository on Sympa-JA.org is still available. Administrators who have used it and are not planning to install beta do not need to change their repository settings.
- [Let's Translate Sympa] Sympa 6.2.41 beta 2 released, IKEDA Soji, 03/09/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.