packagers - Collabograte project

Subject: List for people interesting in developping and using Sympa packages

  • From: Kartik Subbarao <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Collabograte project
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:05:22 -0500

I'm integrating Sympa as a Mailing List component in the open source Collabograte project that I recently announced:

http://kartiksubbarao.com/announcing-collabograte

Here are some areas of integration configured with Sympa:
+ Using LDAP for WWsympa authentication
+ Using LDAP for list memberships: ldap-public and ldap-private templates
+ Postfix integration using a transport map and virtual domain
+ Bidirectional gateway between Sympa mailing lists and INN newsgroups

If you want to see the implementation details, you can look at the puppet manifest and other files:

https://github.com/kartiksubbarao/collabograte/blob/master/puppet/modules/sympa/manifests/init.pp

https://github.com/kartiksubbarao/collabograte/tree/master/puppet/modules/sympa/files

https://github.com/kartiksubbarao/collabograte/tree/master/puppet/modules/sympa/templates

I'd be very interested in hearing any comments, ideas, suggestions, or questions you might have on this. I want to help Enterprise IT do a better job of integrating open source into their environments, as well as improve the collaboration between Enterprise IT and open source project communities.

Please feel free to respond here, on the Collabograte mailing list, or email me directly, whichever you prefer.

Thanks,

-Kartik

  • Collabograte project, Kartik Subbarao, 03/01/2012