en - Re: [en@sympa] Migration to a new server and version

  • From: Saadallah Itani <address@concealed>
  • To: Benjamin Renard <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] Migration to a new server and version
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 13:16:27 +0000

Thank you Benjamin for the valuable info.

Regarding SQL Query part, can Sympa
Provide a cron query to update list on daily basis or hourly basis from dynamoc mailing lists? Just like what the current perl script is doing @cron level?

Thanks

Regards,
Saad
Ext. 2229

Sent from my iPhone

On 31 Jul 2024, at 4:10 PM, Benjamin Renard <address@concealed> wrote:

Hello,

A SQL data source (see include_sql_query parameter) should be a more advantageous solution to replace your Perl script [1]. Regarding incoming and outgoing emails via Office 365, I think you will need a local SMTP server (such as postfix) to act as a relay with sympa. For outgoing emails, you will need to set up Office 365 as a relayhost and provide SMTP connection information. Here's an example of how you could configure this in Postfix:

/etc/postfix/main.cf :
relayhost = [smtp.office365.com]:587
smtp_tls_security_level = encrypt
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes

/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd :
[smtp.office365.com]:587    address@concealed:your_password

Note: Remember to run the command "postmap /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd" after making any changes to this file for the changes to take effect.

As for migrating without downtime and smoothly, it may not be simple with such a large version gap if you want to keep your archives of the lists. However, it should be possible to minimize this by setting up a new server alongside the old one and preparing a gradual version upgrade on it.

Regards,

[1] https://www.sympa.community/manual/customize/data-sources.html