en - [en@sympa] merge archives

  • From: John Bazik <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [en@sympa] merge archives
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 12:38:00 -0400

We recently upgraded sympa and made the mistake of not setting arc_path
correctly. So now I have an old archive from before the upgrade and a new
one from after, and the new one is live.

Due to the size of the old archive, my plan is to:

* pause mail
* point sympa at the old archive
* merge the new archive into the old
* sympa --rebuildarc each list
* resume mail

To merge, I'm just copying in the new arctxt files (appropriately renumbered)
and resetting the index file. This all seems to work except that, now that
it's May, new messages in arctxt/2024-05 don't get rebuilt when I run sympa
--rebuildarc. I notice there's no .mhonarc.db file there.

Any suggestions for what I'm missing, or perhaps, a better way?

John