en - [en@sympa] mailtourl getting split across multiple lines

  • From: Mark Cairney <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] mailtourl getting split across multiple lines
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:28:14 +0000

Hi,

We've recently upgraded our Sympa installation from an ancient 6.1 release to the latest 6.2.72 and have been playing whack-a-mole with teething problems however one in particular has me stumped:

We got bit by the lack of email links in moderation emails and having removed the ELSE clause from our modified moderate.tt2 template both the web URL and the mailto link are now present to the user. However in some (not all) cases the subject line has a newline between the listname and the key e.g.

mailto:sympa@server?subject=DISTRIBUTE%20listname

%2003c326a91f82405eaa547ce1480191af

We're also seeing this with confirmation emails which we haven't modified the send_auth.tt2 template for e.g.
Subject: Confirm your message for list foo

To distribute the attached message in list foo, click on the URL:

mailto:sympa@server?subject=CONFIRM
%20d18da0dc1c36c6c3abbfad6a00540fd2

Or send a message to sympa@server with the following subject:
CONFIRM d18da0dc1c36c6c3abbfad6a00540fd2

This is the piece of template code we're using- does this need anything in addition e.g. wrapping in '<>' characters or is this the bug described in https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/issues/1124

[% "${conf.email}@${domain}" | mailtourl({subject => "DISTRIBUTE ${list.name} ${modkey}"}) %]

[% "${conf.email}@${domain}" | mailtourl({subject => "CONFIRM ${authkey}"}) %]

Kind regards,
Mark