en - [en@sympa] Using sympa with a recent version of OpenSMTPD

  • From: "Jens Grassel" <address@concealed>
  • To: "sympa-users" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Using sympa with a recent version of OpenSMTPD
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 13:28:18 +0200

Hi,

I tried to get sympa running with OpenSMTPD instead of Postfix and
noticed that the configuration manual still refers to the old (no longer
working) syntax of OpenSMTPD.

The rules from the documentation are these and lead to an error on
startup:

```
table sympa db:$SYSCONFIDR/sympa_domain_aliases.db
accept from any for any recipient <sympa> virtual <sympa>
table lists db:$SENDMAIL_ALIASES.db
accept from any for any recipient <lists> virtual <lists>
table sympa_domains { "mail.example.org" }
reject from any for domain <sympa_domains>
```

Has anyone already converted these into the new syntax?

If not then I'll try but as I'm new to OpenSMTPD and have no knowledge
about the old rules that might be a bit challenging. ;-)

My first guess was something like this but it doesn't work (resulting in
"524 5.2.4 Mailing list expansion problem..." upon every try):

```
table sympa db:$SYSCONFDIR/sympa_domain_aliases.db
table lists db:$SENDMAIL_ALIASES.db
table sympa_domains { "mail.example.org" }
action "SYMPA-VIRTUAL" maildir alias <sympa>
action "SYMPA-LIST" maildir alias <lists>
match from any for rcpt-to <sympa> action "SYMPA-VIRTUAL"
match from any for rcpt-to <lists> action "SYMPA-LIST"
match from any for domain <sympa_domains> reject
```

Kind regards,

Jens

--
Wegtam GmbH, CTO 2023-10-18 13:19
Homepage : https://www.wegtam.com

Bender: I can't keep running people over. I'm not famous enough
to get away with it.