en - [en@sympa] subscribers via a feed file -- not working as expected

  • From: Michael Heller <address@concealed>
  • To: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] subscribers via a feed file -- not working as expected
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 17:02:13 -0400

Hello!

We have a new Sympa server running 6.2.72 on RHEL8 that we put into service over our spring break.   It's a definite step up from our earlier 6.1.20 and this community has been invaluable as we migrated data/configs -- thank you!

As we've spent a few months in the new environment we've seen some unexpected behavior for a list with a feed file.   The feed file is updated regularly by the student communications team to reach different subscribers on a message by message basis.

I was under the impression that a list with all subscribers from a feed file — under sources each subscriber shows as subscribed from feedfile.txt — would be refreshed when the  button is pressed.

That is, I would expect the list to be refreshed to have only the subscribers that appear in the updated feed file after the synchronization is complete.   Instead we've seen added subscribers but the original subscribers are not removed.

I've checked under excluded tab and it's empty too.   And I've not seen any errors in the Sympa logs while the operation is underway.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for Sympa n00bie guidance!

~Michael H.