en - Re: [en@sympa] renaming sympa mail user

  • From: Jérémie Sibille <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] renaming sympa mail user
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 13:42:04 +0200

Hello Soji,
thanks a lot, didn't know that it was so simple, it works fine !

Regards

Le 17/05/2023 à 10:14, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
Hi Jérémie,

On 2023/05/17 15:33, Jérémie Sibille wrote:
Hello,

is it possible to change the name of the useful mail user sympa , the purpose is to manage two or more sympa hosts with the same domain and different application's version.

You may add a line "email sympa2" in sympa.conf to use
<sympa2@thesamedomain> as Sympa mail address:
https://www.sympa.community/gpldoc/man/sympa_config.5.html#email

We have a main server connected to ldap and our MX is routing the user sympa to it, so if we build another one some of the requests to sympa@thesamedomain could not be routed to the new one (like bounce ...)

Since MX records are resolved by domains, not by mail addresses, they
seem not being used to control routing to those addresses with the same
domain.

IMHO it may be possible to manage single host with two or more different
application versions installed.

Regards,
-- Soji

thanks