en - [en@sympa] Information email to previous email address after changing the email address and information email after removing the ownership for a list

  • From: "Lorenz, Sabine (SCC)" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Information email to previous email address after changing the email address and information email after removing the ownership for a list
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:44:13 +0000

Hello all,

we are currently running Sympa version 6.2.60~dfsg-4 on our mailing list server and I have a question about the process of changing the email address.

This looks like that the user logs in with his previous address on the mailing list server and enters the new email address under "My settings" and clicks the button "Change email".

An email is then sent to the new address with a confirmation link that must be clicked to change the email address.

Is there a possibility that after changing the e-mail address, an e-mail is sent to the old address with the information that the e-mail address has been changed?

This would at least inform a user whose Sympa password has been cracked that their email address has been changed on the Sympa server and thus their old address is no longer listed as an owner, moderator or subscriber to the lists.

And a second question:

When an email address is entered as the owner of a list, an information email is sent to that email address.

But when an email address is removed as the owner of a list, no information email is sent to that email address.

I would think it would make sense for users who have had their ownership removed to be informed of this. Does Sympa have this option?

Kind regards,

Sabine Lorenz

----------

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

Sabine Lorenz

Hermann von Helmholtz Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

Telefon: +49 721 608-28633
E-Mail: address@concealed
www.kit.edu/scc

Sitz der Körperschaft:
Kaiserstraße 12, 76131 Karlsruhe

KIT – Die Forschungsuniversität in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft
Das KIT ist seit 2010 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert.

Weltoffene Hochschulen-Logo

  • [en@sympa] Information email to previous email address after changing the email address and information email after removing the ownership for a list, Lorenz, Sabine (SCC), 02/13/2023