en - [en@sympa] Statistics question

  • From: Tom Fillmore <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Statistics question
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 06:06:05 +0000

Hi, all -

I hope everyone is safe, well and warm....

I am trying to decipher how and where stats are created that ultimately show in the graphs per list in order to prepare reports for stakeholders.  Also, what is the 'stats' file?

My requirements at this point are really simple - I only need to know the number of approved messages that are released through each list each day.  This seems like it would be a really obvious thing to do based on the existence of the 'stat_table' and 'stat_counter_table', but I cannot consistently crunch numbers to match what's in the graphs.  Sometimes they match, sometimes it appears that the 'send_mail' action includes rejected messages as well.  It feels like I'm missing something really, really obvious.

Can anyone point me to the code that generates the stats that are in the stat tables as well as what's in the graphs?  Or does anyone have tested queries for this task?  I don't speak Perl so I'm stumbling on this.

Once I get a grip on how to consistently produce the numbers myself my plan is to create a flexible Jupyter style notebook that allows end-users the ability to view prepared graphs/tables and/or self-create items they would like in real-time.  I'm happy to share that when there's something to share.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Fillmore
southern California

The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens...
- Baha'u'llah

  • [en@sympa] Statistics question, Tom Fillmore, 02/11/2023