en - Re: [en@sympa] Debian binary packages - sympa.service - attempting to use a nonexistent Perl script?

  • From: Steve 'Hollywood' Sobol - NTF <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] Debian binary packages - sympa.service - attempting to use a nonexistent Perl script?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 12:34:13 -0800

Problem is: wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi doesn't exist. Not in that directory; not anywhere else, either. I'm wondering if this was an accident on the part of the Debian packagers, or if it's intentional and I'm supposed to use something else.

Hello Steve,

it was a mistake in the Debian packaging, sorry for that.

You might consider to install recent Sympa package from bullseye-backports.

I did, and it worked! Thank you.

One thing that did cause a little bit of pain, that I am sharing here in case someone has the same problem:

After installing from bullseye-backports, I was still seeing 404s when I tried to browse to https://my.dom.ain/sympa. This was because the Sympa config is ignored if mod_proxy_fcgid is not loaded... and while "apt install sympa/bullseye-backports" did almost everything, it DID NOT enable that module.

a2enmod proxy
a2enmod proxy_fcgi
systemctl restart apache2

fixed the problem.