en - RE: [en@sympa] Anyone using PSSympa?

  • From: "McLaren, Terry" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Widerski, Betty" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [en@sympa] Anyone using PSSympa?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 13:06:14 +0000

Hi Betty -  I’ve seen a number of sophisticated list owners setup a data source for remote file inclusion where the target file is actually a script that queries a db, AD, etc…. for membership.   As long as the return from the script is one email address per line, sympa is quite happy and oblivious to whether the data comes from a remote file or a script.  As such, the remote script can be written in your favorite flavor:  powershell, bash, python, perl, etc….

Hope this helps,

Terry