en - [en@sympa] sympa behaviour when database is down

  • From: Darrin de Groot <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [en@sympa] sympa behaviour when database is down
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:48:26 +0200

Hi,

We're using sympa 6.2.60 and had an incident the other day whereby our database server had an outage. During this time we noticed that the postfix on the sympa server accepted incoming email, passed them off to sympa which then processed the emails, archived them correctly, but did not deliver any email as it (understandably) couldn't determine the subscriber list - we saw this type of error in the logs (note - I altered the name of the list):

Aug 19 14:33:40 listserver sympa_msg[2969132]: info Sympa::Spindle::ToList::_send_msg() No subscriber in list Sympa::List <address@concealed>

Is there any option or configuration that could enable sympa to queue incoming email or bounce back to the sender in the event that the database is down rather than assume that the list is empty?

Regards,

Darrin

  • [en@sympa] sympa behaviour when database is down, Darrin de Groot, 09/01/2022