en - Re: [sympa-users] installation problems on postfix/raspbian

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: vicka <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] installation problems on postfix/raspbian
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 12:40:04 +0900

Hi vicka,

On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 10:10:44 -0400
vicka <address@concealed> wrote:

Hi sympa-users,

I installed sympa over postfix (3.4.14-0+deb10u1 armhf)
on Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster).

At first it ... worked a little. I could use wws and create a list and
the welcome message was sent.

But sending mail to it was returned user unknown.

I tried following the directions here:

https://tribut.de/blog/sympa-and-postfix

and also uninstalling/reinstalling.

I can still see wws but now making lists doesn't even send a welcome
message.

You would be better to follow the instruction in the site for
Sympa documentation:

- Installing Sympa
https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/install.html

Read through this document from the beginning.

In the past, people have used a variety of creative methods to
install Sympa, but currently, the methods described in this document
are the most recommended.

BTW note that the Sympa installed by Raspbian OS Buster (Debian 10)
with deb package is a bit older, so if you are able to do so, it
is more prefarable to install from the source distribution (although
of course it is easier to install with deb package).

Regards,
-- Soji

Please, any help much appreciated!

Thank you,
--vicka
address@concealed

--
株式会社 コンバージョン
ITソリューション部 システムソリューション1グループ 池田荘児

  • Re: [sympa-users] installation problems on postfix/raspbian, IKEDA Soji, 07/01/2022