en - RE: [sympa-users] Periodical subscription expiration task

  • From: "Widerski, Betty" <address@concealed>
  • To: "True, James Scott" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Periodical subscription expiration task
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 18:11:20 +0000

From looking around I find reference to a “expire_task” variable described in someone’s github List.pm as "Periodical subscription expiration task" – but this doesn’t exist in my environment’s (6.2.64) List.pm.

Searching my installed .pms I find this reference in /usr/share/sympa/lib/Sympa/Task.pm :

# List of list task models. FIXME:Refer Sympa::ListDef.

use constant list_models => {

    #expire       => 'expire_task',     # Not yet implemented.

    remind       => 'remind_task',

    sync_include => '',

Is “expire_task” something that used to exist in earlier versions but went away because it needed different implementation in newer code?

Betty Widerski

Cloud & Server Engineering – HBS Information Technology

HARVARD  BUSINESS  SCHOOL

Shad 108 N | address@concealed | T: 617.495.6642