en - Re: [sympa-users] Blocklist/Blacklist - single location?

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Blocklist/Blacklist - single location?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:56:31 +0100

On 22/12/2021 18:55, Tom Fillmore wrote:
Hi, there -

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of....

Unfortunately for me that doesn't work very well - I run bahai.email, which
has about 160 lists for different communities of the Baha'i Faith
(bahai.org). It is getting a steady increase in the number of list-specific
spam from the same 'people' using slightly different addresses with the same
human name on a growing number of the lists. I'm interpreting this to mean
that all the spams come from the same peoples or bot network. We're talking
a steady increase, here.

I'll see if I can create something that monitors incoming spam, captures it
into table(s) including headers for additional forensics, distributes new
blockfiles per list, allows for manual review of what it's captured then
submits the addresses to various blacklisting services. If it proves
worthwhile I'll create a git repository for it. I already have Postfix
compare all incoming addresses to several blacklist sites, we are talking
about those that get through but are tagged as spam by spamassassin. I know
it's possible to have them rejected automatically but I don't want to drop
legitimate posts with weird but OK content, and/or put a legit subscribers
email onto a blocklist service just because they send something spamassassin
doesn't like.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a project like this please reply with a location.
Don't want to reinvent the wheel- my time is limited, but I've got to do
something.

Thanks, everyone, have a happy holiday season but please play it safe. It's
better to miss a gathering than be on a ventilator. :)

Hello Tom,

if you have the blocklist addresses in a SQL database, you can define search
filters in Sympa which can be used in a scenari to implement your blocklist.

Regards
Racke

Tom Fillmore
southern California

The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens...
- Baha'u'llah