en - [sympa-users] privileged owners and scenari sources access

  • From: "Widerski, Betty" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] privileged owners and scenari sources access
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 21:16:53 +0000

Hi –

I want to grant privileged owners the ability to edit send scenari in lists they create. These are IT Support techs who will need to edit a list’s send scenario to add the name of another list whose subscribers will be allowed to post to the new list but will not themselves be subscribers.

Looking for an answer I found this archived thread from 2011, which stated that the behavior is hard-coded but could be modified by changing code in web_tt2/edit_list_request.tt2 and in wwsympa.fcgi.

However, in the more current version we have installed (6.2.62) there is no mention of dump_scenario html access in edit_list_request.tt2. I do see that dump_scenario is still referenced in wwsympa.fcgi in several places. I’m guessing from the old thread’s info that I’d need to change

'dump_scenario'            => ['listmaster'],

'dump_scenario'            => ['privileged_owner', 'listmaster'],

But what about the action_type definition?

'dump_scenario'     => 'admin',

Is wwsympa.fcgi now what totally controls scenari source access, or is there someplace else I’d also need to tweak where the former edit_list_request.tt2 code went?

Thanks

Betty

Betty Widerski

Enterprise Systems & Services – HBS Information Technology

HARVARD  BUSINESS  SCHOOL

Shad 108 N | address@concealed | T: 617.495.6642